Use MySQL & EasyCSV Together
How to use EasyCSV to enable anyone to upload CSV/Google Sheet data into your MySQL database.
MySQL quick setup video
How to connect MySQL to EasyCSV
- In your MySQL admin, create a MySQL username/password combo that has limited access to simply INSERT new records into your MySQL database.
- Log into EasyCSV
- Create a new sheet import page on EasyCSV.io using an example CSV file or Google Sheet of what you want to import into MySQL (shown how-to in video above).
- After the page is created, click the "Sheet Details" link at the top of the page.
- Assuming MySQL is already selected as the integration you will fill out you MySQL database/table connection details.
- Click the "Save" button.
- Follow the directions below to map spreadsheet columns to the correct columns in MySQL.
How do I map spreadsheet column names to MySQL columns?
Use the EasyCSV feature: "Field Mappings". You will find it at the top of your sheet import page if you are logged into EasyCSV and are the admin.
For each MySQL column you want populated create a new field mapping.
Select the column value you want pushed into a specific MySQL column.