Use Klaviyo & EasyCSV Together
How to automate bulk imports into Klaviyo for tracking and identifying customers from CSV, XLSX, or Google Sheets.
Klaviyo quick setup video
Set up your import flow into Klaviyo
- Log into EasyCSV
- Create a new sheet import page on EasyCSV.io using an example CSV file you plan to import.
- Choose to send data to any App or API when finalizing the initial setup.
- At the top of your import page, select "Import Flow" at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the import flow.
- Put in the API URL we want to post the data to. For the Klaviyo Track API, you will enter: https://a.klaviyo.com/api/track
- The last thing to do is to specify the structure of the data to send into Klaviyo. Go back to the Import Flow, and choose the "Customize JSON to Post" option.
- Enter the custom JSON and specify the CSV/XLSX values you want to use. Follow the video above or check out these docs for Customizing the JSON to post. You can also group rows in your file if you are on the EasyCSV Business Plan and above. The video above shows this functionality if it's needed. Here are the Klaviyo docs for structuring the track call.
- Once you have put in all your Klaviyo information you are ready to do some imports. Always do intial tests with small files with a small number of rows. When confident the data looks like the way you want it in Klaviyo, then do large file imports.
How do I group rows in my file and nest them as items for Klaviyo tracking?
Feature is only for EasyCSV Business Plans and above - Follow the video above for a step-by-step view.
- Go to your Import Flow
- Click to view the columns in the middle section of the Import Flow.
- Click "edit" on the column you want to group rows in the file by.
- Click the checkbox for "Use column to GROUP multiple lines together"
- Go back to your Import Flow, at the bottom when sending to any app or API which in our case is Klaviyo, click the "Customize JSON to Post" option.
- You will now see an extra textarea to specify the JSON data structure for the nested, grouped items to send over to Klaviyo.