Google Big Query & EasyCSV Together
How to use automate CSV or XLSX uploads into Big Query.
How to import and insert data into a Big Query Table
- Connect your Big Query Account to EasyCSV by using a Service Account and it's credentials.
- Create a sheet import page on EasyCSV.io with the destination of Google Big Query
- After the page is created, click the "Import Flow" link at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom to see Google Big Query Options.
- Click "edit" to use your Service Account Credentials - How to make a Service Account for Big Query
- Specify the Google Big Query Project, Dataset, and Table to send the data into.
- Finally, choose which CSV or XLSX columns will go into which Big Query Table columns by mapping fields.
- It's that easy! You are ready to import.
How to create a Google Service Account for Big Query
When working with Google Big Query data, Google requires that interaction to be done via a Google Project Service Account. You will need to make a service account and then use that and EasyCSV to interacte with Biq Query.
Follow these steps or send them to your Google Cloud admin:
- Have you or your Google Cloud admin go to your Google Cloud Console - [console.cloud.google.com](http://console.cloud.google.com)
- Make sure you select the correct Google Cloud Project that you want to use.
- Step 1: Make a role with permissions/access for your Service account
- Click to open the main Nav
- Click: IAM & Admin > Roles
- At the top of the page, click the button: + Create Role
- When creating the role click: + Add Permissions
- Permissions that EasyCSV requires to help you import data:
- Step 2: Make a new Service Account with the role
- Make sure you are in the correct Google Cloud project in Console, click to open the main Nav
- Click: IAM & Admin > Service Accounts
- At the top of the page, click the button: + Create Service Account
- Fill out the form to create a new service account using the Role you created in step 1 above.
- Click the "Done" button to save the new Service Account.
- You should be back on the main “Service Accounts” page after saving, where it lists all service accounts. Including the one you just created.
- For the Service Account you just created, on the far-right of the recored row click the 3-vertical-dots menu/button > Manage Keys
- Click the “Add Key” button > Create New Key > JSON
- A JSON file will be download that contains info about the account you will use in EasyCSV. Do NOT lose this file. Save this file and use it when setting up your import flow in EasyCSV.