Use FTP / SFTP & EasyCSV Together
How to use FTP to send spreadsheet data from one system to another.
How to send your imports to an FTP server via FTP, SFTP, or FTPS as a CSV or XLSX file.
- Sign in to your EasyCSV Account
- Create a spreadsheet import page by selecting an example CSV file or Google Sheet. You can also type out column headers of a spreadsheet you dont' have at the moment. Usually using an example spreadsheet that is already made it the best way to go.
- Once viewing your new import page click the "Sheet Details" link in the top nav.
- In the "Where do you want to send spreadsheet data when importing?" section of the form choose "Post imports to IFTTT, Salesforce, Shopify, FTP/SFTP, or another integration.
- Choose "FTP or SFTP" from the "Choose Integration" dropdown and you will see all FTP/SFTP settings.
- Choose the ouput file details like filename, delimiter - column separator, and what folder the files will be pushed to. By default, EasyCSV will ouput CSV files that end in .csv. To ouput a XLSX file, simply end the filename field value with: .xlsx
- Fill out the FTP/SFTP details for username, password, adress, etc... Default port number for FTP is 21 and for SFTP it is 22. If using these default ports you can leave that field blank.
- Click "Save" at the bottom of the form.
- You are all set! Now, all imports will be output as new, generated CSV files and sent via FTP/SFTP to your destination server.